By: Delores Hurst, The HBN Writer for OnlineWhen it comes to hair, the idea is to achieve health and balance. According to the Ladies Home Journal, your hair demands a lot from your body. It needs the nutrients you give your body to maintain its strength and growth. With a poor diet, your hair can become brittle and the effects won’t show until it’s too late. There are foods that will give you those protein enriched nutrients needed to maintain balance.
1. Salmon: It is rich in protein and vitamin D. It also has a great amount of fatty acids that your body can use to grow hair.
2. Sweet potatoes: They are great providers of antioxidants which can turn into Vitamin A. Your body can’t truly function without Vitamin A.
3. Spinach: The veggie has beta carotene and Vitamin C. These are needed to keep you hair follicles healthy and oils circulating.
4. Eggs: As most know, eggs are a great source of protein, but it also has iron which helps carry oxygen to hair follicles.
5. Blueberries: These are filled with Vitamin C. Lack of Vitamin C can lead to hair breakage.
For other foods, visit http://www.webmd.com