By: Delores Hurst, The HBN Writer for online
The kitchen is where it all began for black hair. It is where the best revolutionaries came up with remedies to help save and take care of our natural hair. Naturally, it is where we should go to find scandalously delicious ways to treat and maintain our hair. With the advice of the bloggers of crunchbetty.com and naturalhairrules.com, these are 5 Useful DIY Hair Tips from the kitchen.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar. This very versatile product is great to apply from root to tip when wanting to increase your hair’s ph levels. This product helps create healthier hair and growth.
2. Baking Soda. A natural drier, baking soda is great for preventing oil and dirt build up. The best way to use it is after shampooing. Add a few spoons to a cup of water and apply to your hair, wash it then condition.
3. Mayonnaise. The ingredients in Mayo (egg, oils) are great moisturizers and helpers in locking in moisture. Like the ACV, apply the mayo from root to tip, leave it in for 5 minutes then wash out thoroughly.
4. Banana. Banana is great for extremely damaged hair. When mashed and applied with yogurt, it can create a great paste that helps bring nutrition to extremely dry hair. Place in your hair for 20 to 30 minutes, and then wash accordingly.
5. Brown sugar. The sweetener is a natural exfoliate. It, like the baking soda, helps prevent build-ups, but it is also a good scalp stimulator. Apply the sugar with good oil like Almond oils and see how it works.